A properly maintained lawn, garden, or yard is the pride of every homeowner. A good string trimmer can trim the grass easily and quickly in tight spots like – under decks, along a fence, or near delicate shrubs and plants. No garden tool can do the work better than a gas string trimmer.
There are thousands of gas string trimmers available on the present market. They are of various types. But if you have the best gas string trimmer, your work will be easy to keep your lawn, garden, or yard green and beautiful.
Quick Answer – Gas String Trimmer
Reviews of the Best Gas String Trimmer
It is challenging for someone to find out a good gas string trimmer because there are thousands of string trimmer available. To decrease your pressure, we are giving reviews on best gas string trimmer here in this article below. These reviews depend on a lot of researches. We trust these reviews will help you enough to purchase the Best Gas String Trimmer to keep your lawn looks beautiful.
1. Husqvarna Gas Straight Shaft String Trimmer
Easily you can cut many kinds of thick and heavy weeds by it — this multipurpose gas trimmer engineered with strong braided wire cable drive and an easy-loading automatic trimmer head. The weight is just 11.11 lbs, so it is easy to hold and handle.
The Husqvarna 128LD intended for outdoor work, and it allows you to tackle a wide range of jobs, from clearing away extra branches to trimming edges. The 28cc two-stroke engine has lower emissions level and fuel consumption than other competing models available on the market.
It is also a lot of noiseless than others. The adjustable handle and soft grip on it make it comfortable to use, no issue what your height is. The smart start feature helps anyone to start the trimmer quickly, no matter who doesn’t have enough strength!
- Extreme durable and Lightweight
- Hardworking design, easy to hold and handle
- Detachable shaft for easy storage and
- T25 easy-loading semi-automatic trimmer head
- Powerful 28cc engine, 17″ cutting width
- 0.095” trimmer line diameter, 1.4:1 ratio bevel-gear
- 2 cycle unit, guaranteed LWA – 114 dB(A)
- Not efficient as 4-stroke engines
2. Husqvarna 967175201 Gas String Trimmer
The Husqvarna 967175201 String Trimmer experiences a higher level of durability and power. It is powered by the 23cc engine which offers reduced emissions (up to 60%) and increases fuel efficiency by up to 20%. It doesn’t create much sound like other gas trimmers.
Including a heavy duty gear trimmer head and air purge, it offers a wide range of commercial-style features. It is included with Tap ‘N Go head for trouble-free line loading and an efficient air filter.
The Husqvarna 967175201 String Trimmer is one of the perfect semi-professional co-workers for landscapers or landowners for business-grade execution from their string trimmer.
It is engineered with a hard Chromium plated cylinder which provides durability and extended product life. The stand-alone starter makes it easy to change the starter cord if necessary. It also offers superb value for the money, and you’ll be happy with its ease of use and performance.
- Easy to use trimmer head and refill
- Easily adjustable soft-grip handle
- Air purge removes air from carburetor
- Lighter in weight only 9.26 pounds
- X-Torq Engine for lower fuel consumption
- Engine reduces harmful exhaust emissions
- No vibrations produced by the engine
- The rpm seemed slow
- Top of the engine becomes hot for more prolonged use
3. Remington RM2510 Shaft Gas String Trimmer
Remington Rustler has a compact and 25cc 2-cycle powerful engine with QuickStart technology. It reduces the effort to pull turn over the motor and provide high-quality trimming and edging. These trimmers are the perfect one for small to medium-sized yards, and also you can cut around trees, walls, and foundations.
The Remington RM2510 Rustler is powerful, durable, and lightweight. The curved shaft design makes it easy to trim your yards with less fatigue. Dual line bump head with 16″ cutting swath makes it easy to cut without stopping to refill trimmer line.
You can easily supplant the trimmer line by tapping the cutting head on the ground while working. You can choose it for your beautiful yards and have been using it for over several years with zero problems.
- QuickStar technology makes the pull starts easier
- Compact and powerful 25cc 2-cycle engine
- Comfortable cutting with a curved shaft
- Dual line bump head with a 0.095-inch line
- Extended cutting swath: 16-inch
- Ultra-lightweight design (14.25 pounds)
- Limited 2-year warranty
- Need a little maintenance
- Not perfect for the large sized area
4. Husqvarna 324L Straight Shaft Gas String Trimmer
Husqvarna 324L String Trimmer comes with heavy-duty attributes to make it one of the best gas string trimmers available in the market. It is a gas trimmer with a 4-stroke engine that runs on pure gas; there is no need to mix oil and fuel.
The engine has been intended with secure starter technology, so the machine starts swiftly with minimum effort. For starting, air purge removes air from the carburetor and fuel system.
Husqvarna 324L String Trimmer has a straight shaft and a dual bump feed line using a 0.095-inch diameter line. Its weight is only 11.24 pounds without the cutting equipment.
It is an excellent string trimmer – easy to assemble, start, and use. The soft grip and adjustable handle make it comfortable for long time use. If you have to cut down lots of thick weeds from your large yard, this is for you!
- Easy to assemble, start and use
- Powerful 4-stroke engine
- Flex drive straight shaft
- Smart Start engine with less effort
- Dual bump feed; Weight: 11.24 lbs
- Max power speed: 7000 rpm
- Two-year warranty
- Guard is not great
- String quite nearer to top of the trimmer head
5. Troy-Bilt TB525 29cc Curved Shaft Trimmer
Troy-Bilt TB525 EC String Trimmer is a true workhorse, intended to cut reliably season after season. The trimmer is powered by a 29cc 4-cycle engine that includes both JumpStart capability and SpringAssist technology to make starting as easy as possible.
It also eliminates the need for mixing oil and gas. It has a weighs at just 12-lbs for easy maneuvering. It can be turned into a pole saw blower, cultivator, edger, and more. The overall dimension of it is 37 x 10 x 10 inches.
The engine of Troy-Bilt TB525 EC String Trimmer gives high torque to deliver steady power, which helps you to get the job done perfectly. The cutting swath of 17-inch ensures excellent trimming efficiency. The Curved Shaft designs for comfort and supports the direct view of the cutting line.
The double line bump head makes stacking string for your trimmer simple, so surprising string separations won’t back you off for long. The TrimmerPlus capacity makes it simpler for you to handle various open-air assignments without utilizing an alternate machine for everyone.
- The powerful 29cc 4-cycle engine
- SpringAssist and JumpStart capability
- Curved shaft for extra comfort
- SpeedSpool 2 bump head for 20 feet line
- 10 different TrimmerPlus attachments
- 0.095″ line with a 17″ cutting swath
- 2 years limited warranty
- Sounds a little louder
- Can be expensive
6. Weed Eater W25SBK, Gas Straight Shaft String Trimmer
Weed Eater W25SBK String Trimmer features with a powerful 25cc two-cycle engine. The motor keeps running for an all-inclusive period without overheating or draining the gas. It works on oil and fuel mixture, and Simple 2 Start technology makes it easy to start.
The weighs of this machine is only 13.75 pounds, so it is a perfect one for easy maneuverability and mobility. You can work around your yard for hours without any fatigue. It is fuel efficient and does not produce a lot of noise.
The shaft of Weed Eater W25SBK is straight for efficient maneuverability. It is not too long, so you will not bend or strain to reach the weeds or grass. The cutting width of this machine is 16-inches that allow you to cut weeds without a fuss.
Tap ‘N Go Cutting Head feature makes the trimmer line, consequently when the head is pushed into the ground. The assembling is very easy, and you can replace the spool within a short time. If you are a beginner the user manual with it helps a lot.
- 25cc two-cycle engine with a straight shaft
- Tap ‘N Go Cutting Head technology
- Easy to transport, store, and assemble
- Adjust the handle for edging and trimming
- Lightweight (13.8 pounds)
- Does not have anti-vibration technology
- Not perfect for all kinds of thick weeds
7. Hitachi CG23ECPSL Gas String Trimmer
In the Hitachi’s Grass trimmer line up, the Hitachi CG23ECPSL string trimmer is the latest and excellent in quality and design. This trimmer is powered by a 22.5 cc two-stroke PureFire engine with Hitachi’s S-Start recoil system.
It delivers maximum power and more durable from a commercial grade grass trimmer available on the market. It features 4-inch nylon tap and goes trimmer through a 0.095inch trimmer line diameter. The weight of this machine is only 10.3 lbs.
The Walbro carburetor with a purge bulb makes it easy for starting. It has a straight solid, steel shaft that measures a length 69.6inches. This straight shaft trimmer is perfect for a user who demands commercial performance with reliability.
Hitachi offers one-year rental use warranty, two-year commercial, and with the insurance of a seven-year consumer use warranty. In terms of gas string trimmer this comes in at a great price – really it is an excellent price for money.
- 22.5cc two-stroke powerful engine
- S-Start recoil starting system
- Overall length: 69.6″ and weight: 10.3 lbs
- Cutting width: 17″ and line Diameter: 0.095″
- Cutting head: 4-inch Nylon Tap & Go
- Anti-vibration system
- Seven years warranty
- After bumping on the head have to wait a while
- The tap and go head doesn’t work all the time
8. Husqvarna 128CD, Gas Curved Shaft String Trimmer
The Husqvarna 128CD Gas String Trimmer originates from a confided in a brand that has been around for quite a long time. It is a quiet, balanced, lightweight, and easy-to-use gas string trimmer available on the present market.
It is engineered with a powerful 28cc 2-Cycle engine. The starter and engine have been intended, so the machine starts quickly with least effort — the X-Torq engine design increases by up to 20% fuel efficiency.
The engine also reduces harmful exhaust emissions. The machine of The Husqvarna 128CD Gas String Trimmer is highly efficient and prepared with an influential 36V Li-ion battery pack. The motor and starter on our gas trimmers are intended to begin rapidly with least exertion.
The string trimmers additionally incorporate an auto return stop switch. If the machine is turned off, the stop switch automatically comes back to the start position for a more uncomplicated beginning.
This trimmer reduces vibration, noise, emissions, and doesn’t require any maintenance cost. This best gas string trimmer will always be ready to go whenever you have to keep your yard or garden free of undesirable weeds and grass.
- Lightweight (11.11 pounds) for reduced user fatigue
- Braided wire drive shaft for more durability
- Air Purge Removes air from carburetor
- Starts quickly with minimum effort
- Auto Return Stop Switch
- Numerous attachments available as accessories
- Produces a bit louder sound
- Not the best option for very tall people
9. Weed Eater W25CBK, Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer
Weed Eater W25CBK Gas Trimmer is one of the best gas trimmers available on the market which is powered by a two-stroke 25cc engine. The W25 series have four different combinations of weed eaters; Weed Eater W25CBK is one of it.
This model does not make excessive emissions or a lot of noise. It is easy to assemble and store and one of the cheapest string trimmers in the market. The cutting path of the trimmer is 16-inch, which cuts vast swaths of weeds and grass.
It is engineered with Simple 2 Start technology for easy starting. Tap ‘N Go cutting head consequently feed trimmer line when you knock the head on the ground.
Knockdown coupler considers brisk get together and simple transport and capacity. If you desire a curved shaft model, this one has a significant amount of power at a very pleasing price.
- Curved shaft gas trimmer
- Lightweight (only 9.2 pounds)
- The powerful 25cc two-cycle engine
- Tap ‘N Go Cutting head
- Easy to assemble, store, transport
- Adjust the handle for edging and trimming
- Dimensions: 34.8 x 10.8 x 10 inches
- No anti-vibration technology
- The angular shaft may not perfect for all
10. Troy-Bilt TB42 BC 2-Cycle Gas Brushcutter
When a regular string trimmer alone cannot get the routine work done, be dependent on The Troy-Bilt TB42 BC Brushcutter to power through thick plants and brush. It is the king of all string trimmers available in the market.
Comprised of the sturdiest components, steel boom, including a premium engine, steel-tip blade, and the commercial-grade gearbox, it will give birth to power and operation through the long run.
Powerful motor with fully supported engine part changing in-line into going-round motion provides living long and low quick action. The 27cc 2-Cycle Full Crank Engine of the Troy-Bilt TB42 BC Brushcutter gives you maximum power to cut through the thickest grass and weeds with ease.
The adjustable J-shaped handle makes your work job in time no matter you are right-handed or left-handed. For dense vegetation, you can use the 8-inch, 4-Tooth Steel Brush Blade.
The Attachment-Capable Design lets the trimmer engine to power 10 different TrimmerPlus attachments. It can be turned into a high-performance pole saw blower, cultivator, edger, and more.
- Powerful 27cc 2-cycle full-crank engine
- JumpStart capability, no need to pull cord
- Adjustable J-Handle for easy control
- Line Replacement System: Standard
- 8-inch 4-tooth steel brush blade for the job
- Ten different TrimmerPlus attachments
- Foot-pedal automatic CVT
- The shaft is too rigid
- Sounds a little louder
Gas string trimmers different from electric string trimmers. Gas is well known for its heavy-duty capability. However, their output generally varies from one machine to another machine. Depending on the size of your budget, height, yard, and yard condition, the list provided will sort your needs.
They come with a different warranty, the longer warranty for a higher price. But always it does not follow this condition. We think these reviews will help you enough to buy the best gas string trimmer.
You May Also Like to Read
- 10 Best Cordless String Trimmer
- 10 Best Two Stage Snow Blower
- 10 Best Weed Barrier
- 10 Best Grow Tent
- 10 Best Pole Saw