Last Updated on July 1, 2020 by Daniel Cooper
A leaf blower is a gardening tool that is used for removing dry leaves, dead leaves, debris, and other materials from the ground. It fulfills the functionalities of a broom more efficiently. They are powered by gasoline or electric motors.
Some of them come out with a detachable collection bag to collect the shredded items just like vacuum cleaners. The complete work of one week, including piling, mulching, and collection can be done by only a few hours using this incredible equipment. Some people also use it to dry their cars with a spot-free look.
Among leaf blowers, electric blowers are more popular than the gas-powered leaf blowers. It is because they are less noisy, works quicker, and easier to handle. There are two main categories of electric leaf blowers- cordless and corded.
Where a corded blower requires a power outlet within a distance, cordless one needs a battery to operate. If you want to remove all unwanted dirt, leaves, and lawn clippings to give your yard a neat and clean look, you need the best electric leaf blower.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Electric Leaf Blower
- Reviews of the Best Electric Leaf Blowers
- 1. DEWALT DCBL720P1 Brushless Blower
- 2. BLACK+DECKER BV6000 Blower
- 3. Toro 51619 Ultra Electric Blower
- 4. Greenworks PRO Cordless Blower
- 5. WORX WG591 Turbine Cordless Leaf Blower
- 6. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower
- 7. Performance Tool W50063 Blower
- 8. WORX WG520 Turbine 600 Leaf Blower
- 9. Oregon Cordless BL300 151 MPH Leaf Blower
- 10. Greenworks 24012 Single Speed Electric Blower
Quick Answer – Electric Leaf Blower
Reviews of the Best Electric Leaf Blowers
If you are looking for the right electric leaf blower, you have plenty of options. There are many blowers available in the market with different kinds of facilities. You should consider some criteria before selecting one to purchase. Compare the air volume of many blowers, the higher, the better. Check the weight and air-speed.
There are few models that require minimum maintenance, so if you want to save some time, they can be an excellent choice for you. Don’t forget to check the pros and cons of the model you want to buy. Here is the list of top 10 best electric leaf blower, you can ever find in the market or online sites.
1. DEWALT DCBL720P1 Brushless Blower
Here is our most favorite 20V blower, which looks small but is more robust than most of the models. It operates by a MAX 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion battery. It comes out with the battery and changer it requires, so you don’t have to buy them separately.
It consists of a brushless motor ensuring better performance and efficiency than brushed motors. It also has low susceptibility to electrical and mechanical wear as it has no brush to get damaged. Therefore, the engine is reliable and highly durable.
It has the power of 400 CFM and air-speed of 90 MPH. Its Innovative axial fan construction pulls sufficient air creating low pressure and high airflow. In this way, it helps to get the highest air output as well as run time. There is also a speed lock and variable speed trigger for ensuring better user control.
It weighs only 9.7 pounds so that you can move it effortlessly. Besides, its ergonomic design makes it very easy to use and handle for the users. It will provide minimum stress on your hand. So you will notice reduced arm fatigue even if you are using it for a long time. As it generates low noise(61 dB), you can use it without earplugs.
- Highly efficient and durable motor construction
- Axial fan design for maximizing run time and air output
- Speed lock system
- Lightweight and easy to use
- The battery and charger are included
- Low angular velocity due to the giant tube
2. BLACK+DECKER BV6000 Blower
Its strong vacuum can collect grass clippings, leaves, twigs, and other dirt. The most amazing fact is, the conversion between a vacuum and blower takes only a few seconds without using any tool.
It achieves operating power from a high performance 12 amp motor. It works excellent for clearing leaves and debris, reducing the size of mulch 16 times using a high-impact fan. The metallic fan also prevents clogging when it mulches the materials.
Its 180/250 mph air velocity enables quick clean-up of the yard. Again, the variable speed system provides facilities for both light-duty or heavy work. It generates only 68 dB noise and 50% quieter while blowing.
As it weighs 8.1 pounds, you can quickly move it. You can also easily carry it with a detachable shoulder strap. It includes two disposable leaf bag for collecting mulch, debris, and others. You will also get the diffuser to use with them. These bags consist of compostable materials and can be directly attached to the blower.
- Combines blower, mulcher, and vacuum all in one
- Reduce the size of the mulch 16 times
- 180/250 mph air-speed with two-speed selections
- Includes vacuum Tube, blow Tube, disposal leaf bag and concentrator
- Lightweight and heavy-duty
- Sometimes, leaves get clogged in the suction tube
3. Toro 51619 Ultra Electric Blower
This electric leaf blower is a versatile tool for the improved mulching process. It requires an electrical extension cord and must be connected to the power outlet. It features a big rugged metal impeller for high power mulching system.
It can reduce up to 88% of mulched leaves and debris to not more than 1/2-inch. Its quick-release latch helps to convert the blower into the vacuum without using tools.
It also offers variable air velocity control mechanism. With 250 mph degree air-speed, it is powerful enough to clean heavy debris and leaves quickly. It supports variable speed control technique for controlling both vac mode and blower mode. The corded blower has an airflow velocity of 350 CFM, where it is 410 CFM for vacuum mode.
The package includes a bottom-zip bag, vacuum tube, power insert, cord storage hook, and concentrator nozzle. But it doesn’t include extension cord, so you have to buy it separately. You can put all the parts in the vacuum bag and store it easily. Last but not least, you will get a two-year warranty while buying this.
- Large metal impeller for improved mulching
- 250 mph air-speed, 350 CFM power in blow mode, 410 CFM power in vacuum mode
- Includes cord storage, vacuum tube, bottom-zip bag, concentrator nozzle, and power insert
- Speed controlling mechanism
- Up to 88% reduction of mulched leaves and debris
- The bag tends to fall apart as the bottom zipper of the bag is too weak to take the load of mulch
4. Greenworks PRO Cordless Blower
The Greenworks PRO blower operates by using a 2Ah Li-Ion Battery. Once you fully charge the battery, you can use it Up to 70 minutes continuously. It is compatible with charger models GBA80400,GBA80200 and GCH8040. You will get the 80V battery and its charger along with the blower itself.
The brushless motor is less likely to be damaged as it doesn’t have any brush. As a result, the product is long-lasting. It also provides the same performance as a high-performance 32cc gasoline engine. You can increase the speed up to 125mph and airflow velocity up to 500Cfm for blowing through dry or wet leaves.
It takes a few seconds to start, so it saves a lot of time. Its weight is 8.9 pounds enabling the users to grab it and use it effortlessly. As it is an electric blower, it doesn’t generate any smoke, fume, and a loud noise like gas blowers. It produces only 60 decibel sound with a quick-start push button. All these peculiar characteristics make it the best electric leaf blower.
- More than one hour run time with a fully charged battery
- High performance and durable brushless motor
- Up to 125mph speed and 500Cfm airflow velocity
- No fume, less noise, less maintenance, and lightweight
- The required Li-Ion Battery and its charger are included
- The large size and no extra tube attachments
5. WORX WG591 Turbine Cordless Leaf Blower
Its brushless motor offers more than 465 CFM airflow velocity. It introduces TURBINE fan technology which spontaneously delivers high-capacity and forceful air volume.
It features a hyper-stream nozzle for handling hard blowing. As it weighs 8.1 lbs and designed ergonomically, it is user-friendly. Even if you are holding it for an extended period, you will feel less fatigue in your arm and shoulder. It offers variable-speed controlling facilities to the users.
As a result, you can change the speed of the machine based on the toughness of your project. This system locates in a suitable position for one-handed activities along with the TURBO boost.
It contains a key-hole shaped cut on this so that you can hang it easily on any nails or hooks after use. Be careful to keep your hair and clothing for avoiding unexpected accidents or damage to the blower. Don’t forget to clean up the motor housing after using a time interval.
- Advanced TURBINE fan technology for forceful air volume
- Ergonomic design and lightweight
- Speed controlling facility
- 56 Volts cordless Power for fast cleaning
- Easy to store with key-hole shaped cut
- Low battery life
6. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower
The Toro 51621 blower is a versatile tool for satisfying three purposes – leaf shredder, powerful leaf blower, and high-speed vacuum. Its superior mulching power can decrease up to 97% of leaves and debris to less than a half-inch.
It has a blower tube for clearing dry leaves and a power insert to clean wet leaves. It features 250 mph degree power along with 350 CFM airflow velocity for blowing and 410 CFM airflow velocity for vacuuming.
You will get a vacuum tube, cord-storage hook, oscillating tube, and shred ring along with this machine. But you have to buy the electric extension cord separately. It comes out with a bottom-zip bag to contain leaf particles.
It also includes oscillating nozzle tools for sweeping back the air and creating a broad blowing way without movement of the wrist. It offers speed control both in blower mode and vacuum mode.
The weight of this electric leaf blower is only 8.9 pounds. It is small, compact, and simple to use and hold. The assembly of the components is quite easy. You only have to attach the nozzle to the motor, and you are ready to go. You can buy this powerful equipment at a cheap rate.
- controlled facilities for superior mulching and blowing
- up to 250 mph power with 410 CFM(vacuum mode) and 350 CFM(blow mode)
- Includes cord storage hook, vacuum tube, shred ring, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, and oscillating tube
- Variable speed control facilities
- A single tool for blowing, shredding and vacuuming
- Switching process between blower tools and mulching tools requires a long time
7. Performance Tool W50063 Blower
This lower consists of a 600W motor which is responsible for producing 75+ mph air-speed as well as up to 16,000 RPM rotational speed. It has a 120-volt cord for providing the operating power from a power outlet.
It also approved by North American safety standards. There is a comfortable handle along with a lockable trigger, which guarantees long-lasting usage. You have to press the lock button.
It is more potent than traditional battery-operated blowers or gas-powered blowers in terms of speed and effectiveness. As it doesn’t require gas or battery, it needs minimum maintenance to work smoothly.
It weighs 3 pounds only, lighter than most other blowers one can ever find. It features a big handle along with the lockable trigger. So, it is effortless to grab and handle. It includes a vacuum bag for collecting dirt while vacuuming.
Another amazing characteristic is the touchless drying feature enabling the user to dry the hard-reach part of any object. Overall, it is one of the most suitable for light-duty projects like clearing garage floor, yard, sidewalks, or touch-less drying the unreachable part of your car.
- High-speed airflow and rotational speed
- Features lockable trigger with large handle
- Provides vacuum bag
- Supports touch-less and quick drying
- Compact and handy
- It is not suitable for vacuuming
8. WORX WG520 Turbine 600 Leaf Blower
It incorporates TURBINE fan technology for producing high-capacity and high-powerful air volume. Therefore, the air volume can rise to 110 mph, which is almost two times faster than professional gas leaf blowers.
It is a12 Amp blower with no smoke, fume, and noise. It is dynamically designed for fast airflow speed to maximize the performance of the machine. It also has a hyper-stream air nozzle for efficient functionalities.
The nozzle prevents the toughest situations for a quick result and better output. You can control the speed while using it in outdoor activities. If you are doing a tough job, increase the speed, and when you are using it for lighter work, decrease it. This is how you can tackle many conditions using the same tool.
You will be surprised to know that it is only 6.4 lbs. So it is suitable for one-handed operation without getting fatigued in arms. Its 11-1/2 inch long electric cord retainer is used for blowing leaves without hassles. You will get a manufacturer’s warranty of three years while purchasing this tool.
- TURBINE fan technology ensures high performance
- Hyper-Stream air nozzle, dynamic design for airflow
- variable speed control advantage
- 11-1/2 inch long attached cord
- Three-year warranty
- Too heavy to use with one hand
9. Oregon Cordless BL300 151 MPH Leaf Blower
The incredible Oregon Cordless blower is operated by a 6.0 Ah lithium-ion battery. You can run the machine continuously for two hours with the fully charged battery. Besides, you don’t need to buy the battery and the charger separately, as they will be given with the blower.
Its brushless motor can deliver 507 CFM air power. The combination of the engine and axial fan results in a high power leaf blower. It offers a speed controlling option to the user for different kinds of activities. You can speed it up to 131.5 miles each hour.
The ergonomic lightweight design allows the user to use it comfortably for a long time without any pain in hand. You can also store this product vertically because it features a base- hook.
Unlike most of the blowers, it takes only a few seconds to assemble the components of the blower. You only have to add the nozzle to the blower portion. It generates 65 dB noise on Turbo mode eliminating the need for ear protection while using it. With zero maintenance of gas and cord, this product is always ready for its job.
- 507 CFM air-power with brushless motor
- Speed controlling system supports a maximum speed of 131.5 miles per hour
- Comfortable, ergonomic lightweight design, secure storage
- Long battery life
- Quick product assembling advantage
- The safety switch fails after using for a long time
10. Greenworks 24012 Single Speed Electric Blower
It is a corded blower with a 7-amp motor. A fantastic characteristic of GreenWorks products is, they have zero carbon footprint. As a result, it doesn’t deliver any harmful emission like gas, fumes, smoke.
Besides, every product is approved by the agency of Environmental Protection as the energy consumption is 35 percent reduced. These products are robust, sturdy, and renowned for their fantastic performance.
You can easily control the sound levels based on the number of equipment pieces used at a single time. You can also speed it up to 160 mph for creating a pile of mulches and grass clippings. It offers 150 cubic feet per meter coverage area.
The 20 inches long blower tube has two parts. It also has a cord lock feature for protection. The blower is lightweight (4.58 lbs) therefore easy to use. You don’t have to worry about maintenance or tune-ups.
It provides a warranty for four long years. If you need a useful and eco-friendly lawn tool at the same time, go for Greenworks 24012 blower. We guarantee that this reliable equipment will work at the highest level.
- 150 cubic feet per meter coverage area
- Easy sound level handling
- Starts quickly work fast and efficiently
- 160 MPH Blower with a powerful 7-amp motor
- Four-year warranty
- Loose and a weak connection to the extension cord
Electric leaf blowers are lighter, quieter, handier and less vibrating compared to the gasoline leaf blowers. Just plug it in a power outlet by an extension cord or use a battery, and you are ready to work! As you see, though all leaf blower is designed to meet primary gardening purpose; there are some differences in their functionalities.
We have enlisted unique features, advantages, disadvantages, and other details of each of the ten best electric leaf blowers in this article. Purchase the one which will satisfy your requirements and will be reliable to use. Some of them may seem a little bit costly, but we assure you, they will be worth buying.
You May Also Like to Read
- Best Garden Shovel
- Best Robotic Lawn Mower
- Best Snow Blower Review
- Best Single Stage Snow Blower
- Best Two Stage Snow Blower
- Best Cordless Electric Snow Blower