The 10 Best Contractor Table Saw in 2019
A table saw is a very convenient and useful tool used for woodworks. It functions with a powerful motor and has a flat surface with leg stands. It looks exactly like a table but has a circular blade, blade guard, a fence and rail system, miter gauge, on/off power switch, and more on top and around the power tool.
There are several types of table saws. However, to get the most precise and accurate cuts, you will need the best contractor table saw. The specialty of this type of saw is that the professionals use them for their professional projects carrying it to their job sites, also is used at home as it functions with standard electrical circuits.
It provides easy and fast cuts with precise and uniform accuracy. The most common cuts in woodworks are miter, bevel, crosscuts and rip cuts. They all are pretty similar yet complicated. So, the purpose of this type of table saw is to resolve the complication and provide accuracy in cutting materials.
Quick Answer – Contractor Table Saw
Reviews of the Best Contractor Table Saw
Contractor table saws are for workshop professionals. They are pricey but not too pricey like the larger saws, also the precision and ease it provides while working and cutting woods cannot be measured through money.
It is like a lifetime investment as, if you buy a good-quality table saw; then it would last for years and continue making your job easy and safe for years both at home and job site.
Some of the contractor table saws have taken the safety game to another level by introducing extraordinary safety measures. We are going to prepare a list of the best contractor table saw which will hopefully be good enough for all the beginners as well as skilled hobbyists and woodworkers.
1. SawStop CNS175-TGP36 1.75Hp Contractor Saw
The unmatched fit and finish of the table saw comes due to the given attention to the minute details upon construction. It has a 52 inches rip capacity.
Its patented safety system provides maximum security and a safe working atmosphere. The unique system works in an immediate and fascinating process.
Its blade has a small electrical signal, and upon the skin contact with the saw blade accidentally, the signal changes and activates the safety system.
When the aluminum blade comes in the path of the saw blade, the motor shuts off and blade stops at once. The whole process happens in less than five milliseconds saving lives.
Made from heavy-duty thick gauge steel the T-Glide fence system provides steady performance, broad work surface, accurate dimensions and sure lockdown without deflection. It has a 52 inches rip capacity. It has similar mobility options like a job site cart and mobile base, thus easy to move.
- Smooth, detailed and beautiful fit and finish
- Highest quality thick gauge steel professional T-Glide fence
- SawStop safety system with a small electrical signal on the blade
- Well-organized dust collection devices and process
- Provides mobility with the Integrated Mobile Base and Mobile Cart
- Miter gauge fits loosely
2. Delta 36-5052 Left Tilt Contractor Saw
Delta 36-5052 Left Tilt Contractor Table Saw runs with a15 Amp induction motor. The blade tilts left and tilts up to 45-degree. It has a rip capacity of 52,” which means the difference between the edge of the blade and blade is maximum 52 inches.
It has a large ON/OFF switch which is easy to access. The saw maker has opted for the industry standard tool-free split guard design while constructing this heavy-duty, and versatile table saw.
It stands on a Unique Tubular Stand for maximum support and stability and has a flat surface to work comfortably. The RH extension board is also made of heavy-duty materials and comes with support legs.
It features a heavy-duty one-piece rail system with dual rip windows which provides perfect and precise cuts upon every use. It also features blade brake which stops the blade immediately when the power of the saw turns off.
- Unique and sturdy tubular stand for support and stability
- Heavy-duty fence with dual rip windows and one piece rail system
- Blade Brake for stopping the blade
- RH Rip features a large, easy to access ON/OFF switch
- RH extension board with support legs
- Tough to assemble
3. Powermatic 1791230K 64B Table Saw
The precision ground cast iron table and wings with a beveled edge at front. Powermatic features its exclusive and patented Accu-Fence and rail system where the fence is 50″ with a 30/50 rip cut capacity.
It comes with a micro-adjust miter gauge with extension plate and ensures a smooth miter gauge entry due to its sloped front edge. The miter gauge allows smaller adjustments and cuts, and the extension plate offers broad crosscut support.
It specially includes a riving knife right beside the circular saw blade and high-quality plastic transparent blade guard. The blade guard has independent leaves.
The quick-release riving knife maintains close-proximity with the saw blade and efficiently handles sudden kickbacks. It also allows tool-less mounting and removal due to the quick-release feature.
Its built-in extraction port keeps the working area clean and keeps the face, eyes, nose safe with the dust collection efficiency.
- Solid cast iron table and wings with front edge bevel
- Micro-adjust T-slot miter gauge with extension plate
- Transparent blade guard and riving knife allows tool-less mounting and removal
- Quick-release riving knife and blade guard reduces the possibility of kickback
- Built-in extraction port for efficient dust collection
- Assembling a bit tricky
4. Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
It is a Gravity-Rise wheeled stand and has a larger cutting table surface which delivers professional rip capacity. It provides a 25″ rip capacity which is capable of comfortably splitting a 4 feet wide flat wooden surface in half.
It has a 3,650 no load RPM motor which is efficient and powerful enough to provide high-precision cutting. This useful table saw comes with a transparent blade guard and a riving knife.
The anti-kickback pawls, along with the riving knife, provide maximum protection from sudden kickbacks. The SquareLock rip fence provides maximum trueness and maximum ease-of-use. It also allows one-handed operation while gliding along the rail.
It has 8-inch treaded pneumatic wheels underneath which provides mobility making transportation of the saw from job site to job site extremely easy. It comes with Bosch’s 1-year warranty, and a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
- Innovative, gravity-rise, portable, collapsible table saw
- High-precision cutting with efficient power
- Large table surface and three-position adjustable riving knife
- SquareLock rip fence allows one-handed operation with ease
- Offers Bosch’s 1-year warranty with a 30-day money back guarantee
- Poor dust collection
5. Powermatic PM1000 1791001K Table Saw
Powermatic PM1000 1791001K Table Saw is a vibrant colored power tool which only requires 115V power and functions with a 1.75 HP motor. The motor also has a poly-v belt which works to reduce vibration and maximizes the efficiency of it.
Its tool-less guard assembly with independent side leaves is easy to use and offers maximum safety. The working surface is made of cast iron and has a beveled edge.
It has a 10″ blade with a transparent blade guard and collection hose. It ensures to keep the working area dust-free as much as possible by providing an unobstructed path and maximum dust collection. The hands-free power switch is conveniently located for easy access.
It uses Powermatic’s exclusive 30″ Accu-Fence system, which is known for providing rigidity and precision. The miter gauge swivels 60 degrees to either side and provides precise measurement and easy adjustment for a full range of cuts. It ensures perfection in smaller cuts, which are usually difficult to achieve.
- Consumes minimum power (115V) to function
- Has superior dust collection power
- Convenient to access, hands-free power switch
- Easy to mount and remove for tool-less guard assembly
- Miter gauge rotates 60 degrees to either side allowing easy adjustment
- Difficult to transport
6. SawStop CNS175-SFA30 1.75Hp Contractor Saw
Those of you who can do without professional T-Glide Fence, but want a SawStop Table Saw, this one’s for you all. This Contractor Table Saw has an aluminum fence system instead of the steel T-Glide Fence.
All the other features are just the same. It uses the SawStop safety system where its blade carries a small electrical signal which functions and stops immediately with the contact of skin and the saw blade.
It is as versatile and reliable than any other table saw by SawStop. Maximum attention was put on the detailing of this table saw, therefore the fit and finish it has is like no other and cannot be compared. It provides steady cuts and stable performance.
The table saw can be easily moved with its integrated mobile base. The ergonomic one-foot operation mechanically lifts the saw in a single motion and allows easy positioning. The mobility options also include job site cart, which enables the saw to roll up a ramp and over uneven surfaces.
- Detailed fit and finish
- Comes with SawStop safety system
- Performs steadily with efficient and precise cutting
- 30″ Aluminum Fence System
- Provides mobility options such as Job Site Cart and Mobile Base
7. Shop Fox W1837 Open-Stand Hybrid Table Saw
The rip capacity is 30″ to right and 15″ to the left. Its robust cast iron surface efficiently absorbs vibration and ensures proper miter gauge and fence alignment.
The lift-off fence has both front and rear locking ability. It provides perfect and smooth cuts with precise measurements. It is lightweight and has a built-in kickstand operated mobile base, therefore easy to transport.
Its quick‐release blade guard assembly features some essential safety measures. It includes a transparent split design blade guard, a riving knife at the front of the circular saw blade, and anti-kickback pawls.
The blade guard prevents accidental contact with the saw blade and allows to see what is getting cut, maintaining the protection simultaneously. The riving knife prevents potential kickbacks, and the anti-kickback pawls help the workpiece to work in the same direction.
- Precision-ground cast iron table with steel wings and a built-in Mobile Base
- Single-phase 2 HP, 120V/240V motor
- Enclosed cabinet bottom with dust chute with a 4″ port
- Quick-change blade guard with anti-kickback pawls and interchangeable real riving knife
- Lift-off fence with front/rear locking ability
- Sliding guide requires regular adjustment
8. Jet 708492K JPS-10TS, Proshop Tablesaw
The design ensures easy assembly and alignment of the other tools, which in return ensures a safe cutting process and provides precise cuts. Its fence system has a T-style miter gauge slot as well.
It features a transparent blade guard, a riving knife and a large on/off button. The blade guard comes with independent leaves, and the riving knife has the quick-release function which allows tool-less mounting and removal.
The riving knife is almost adjacent to the blade, which is the reason for the minimum kickbacks. It features an integrated arbor lock which can be accessed from the table top. It allows for easy and rapid blade change. The table saw also includes a low profile riving knife for non-through cuts.
- Heavy-duty cast iron table with T-style miter gauge slot
- Enclosed cabinet with exclusive leg stand design
- Quick-release blade guard and riving knife
- Riving knife keeps close blade proximity and ensures minimum kickback
- Built-in arbor lock allows easy and rapid blade change
9. DEWALT DWE7491RS Jobsite Table Saw
When we are making a list of the best contractor table saw, then DEWALT cannot be missed as they are the leading manufacturer of industrial power tools. DEWALT DWE7491RS is a product manufactured in Mexico which weighs 90 pounds.
It features a powerful 15.0A high-torque motor and a sharp 10-inch 24-tooth carbide blade. The table saw is sturdy and stable enough to cut pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods.
Its rack & pinion fence system has 32-1/2 inch rip capacity. It provides a fast, smooth and accurate cuts in varieties of huge shelving and trim materials. It also allows narrow rip cuts with the help of the flip-over ripping fence.
Other than that, it features easily extendable, and retractable telescoping fence rails, a clear blade guard for safe use, and large heavy-duty wheels for easy transportation.
It ensures a clean working condition and good for health as well as it includes a 2-inch dust collection port. The port easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction, keeping it beautiful and clean all around.
- Superior Functionality and Portability
- Features a rack & pinion fence system for fast, smooth and accurate fence adjustment
- 10-inch 24-Tooth Carbide Blade
- 15.0A high-torque motor efficiently cuts pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods
- 2-inch dust collection port connected to a vacuum
- Poor quality miter gauge
10. Makita 2705 Contractor Table Saw
Makita 2705 table saw is a versatile power tool for job site or shop. Its 15 AMP motor delivers a substantial 4,800 RPM. It features a 10″ circular saw blade, a transparent blade guard, riving knife and anti-kickback pawls and miter gauge.
It is one of those table saws which includes everything good in it and also have some extra features which are rare in other table saws available in the market. The contractor saw comes with aluminum die cast, precision machined flat table top for accurate cuts.
Its extended rip capacity is 25″. The modular blade guard system with cam lock provides the facility of tool-less installation and removal. Its riving knife can be adjusted into three different positions for through, non-through and dado cuts with the help of the release lever.
The easy to read scale also plays a vital role in making quick adjustments and measurements. Adjustable transparent dual side guard design allows the user to ensure precise cutting and also see what and how much is being cut. It comes with an electric brake which provides maximum productivity. The table saw offers a one year warranty as well.
- Aluminum die cast, and precision machined flat table top
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor
- Features a large on/off switch and an easy-to read-scale for quick adjustments
- Blade guard system and adjustable riving knife with anti-kickback pawls
- Tool-less assembly; easy installation and removal
- Too heavy, difficult to carry
A piece of furniture or a wooden construction will look good only if the wood used in it are accurately cut for assembling and that is what the best contractor table saw does. It provides accuracy. For any professional carpenter, joiner and cabinet maker, this saw works like a holy grail, and a hobbyist can hardly do without it.
It saves time and is safer than any other similar wood cutting power tools. It allows being creative with utmost perfection. Also, sawdust can be very harmful to the face, eyes, mouth, and nose. Inhaling the dust can have an adverse effect internally.
The dust ports and other functions help to keep a clean atmosphere around while working. So, a small suggestion will be to buy a contractor table saw which features all of it. Hopefully, our advice, information, and review will help you the correct one as it usually is not an affordable product. So, have a happy and satisfactory buy.
You May Also Like to Read