Last Updated on January 3, 2021 by Daniel Cooper
Wheelbarrows are gardening and construction tools that we rarely think about, that is until we need them of course. And if you are reading this article, then you are in need of a wheelbarrow. While they are the mechanical equivalent of mules and donkeys, i.e, they are overworked and underappreciated, wheelbarrows are as important, if not more important, as your other tools.
Therefore, it is wise that you invest your time and money in the search for a quality wheelbarrow that will serve you well. Let me introduce you to 03 commercial wheelbarrows that I highly recommend.
Table of Contents
- Quick Answer – Commercial Wheelbarrow
- Best Commercial Wheelbarrow Reviews
- Things to Consider When Buying a Commercial Wheelbarrow
- Final Verdict
Quick Answer – Commercial Wheelbarrow
Best Commercial Wheelbarrow Reviews
1. Rubbermaid Commercial FG564200BLA Plastic Yard Cart
First on my list is the Plastic Yard Cart from Rubbermaid Commercial Products. This wheelbarrow is a heavy-duty wheelbarrow capable of carrying loads of up to 300 pounds. As if that’s not enough, the one-piece tube of the wheelbarrow has reinforced ribbing that adds to the toughness and durability of the cart.
For all intents and purposes, this is a commercial grade wheelbarrow complete with a steel axle and pneumatic tires. This is in addition to it having comfortable molded handles.
- The one-piece tub design with reinforced ribbing offers sufficient impact resistance.
- The 7.0 Cu.ft cart is made using high-density polyethylene makes this a tough and durable wheelbarrow that is able to transport loads of up to 300 pounds.
- The ergonomic and comfortable molded handles are designed to protect your hands from strain or sores.
- This wheelbarrow is designed to be easy to dump loads and also its pan is easy to clean.
- The steel axle and large wheels guarantee that you are able to transport heavy loads over different surfaces including on uneven terrains.
- The spokes of the wheels are made from a weak plastic that breaks easily, thus you may have to buy new tires after using it for some time.
2. Jackson M6T22 6 Cubic Foot Steel Tray Contractor Wheelbarrow
Though it looks like your average domestic wheelbarrow, there is nothing average about the Jackson M6T22 6 Cubic foot steel tray contractor wheelbarrow. As its name suggests, its tub, supports, and legs are all constructed from steel.
A 16-inch tube tire is responsible for the wheelbarrows maneuverability. And while it is lighter than most commercial grade wheelbarrows it is more than capable of carrying heavy loads.
- The large tire and real legs make transporting heavy loads in a straightforward manner easy on both uneven and soft surfaces.
- The wheelbarrow comes with a tipping crossbar installed in front of its large tire, making it easy for you to unload heavy and unstable materials.
- All the wheelbarrow’s most important parts, i.e. the tub, support, and legs are made from high-quality steel meaning that you are getting a tough and durable wheelbarrow.
- The tub has a 6 cubic foot capacity and high walls that make carrying heavy loads easy and gives the wheelbarrow maneuverability.
- The large 16-inch tire is capable of moving on virtually any surface.
- The wheelbarrow’s tipping crossbar is low and can sometimes hit the ground especially when you are pushing the wheelbarrow on uneven surfaces. However, this is not a major issue to worry about.
Why settle on one wheel when you can have four? Which is exactly what the Big 4 Wheeler Heavy Duty Wheelbarrow offers you. This heavy-duty wheelbarrow from Big 4-Wheeler is a great wheelbarrow. As you have already figured, this barrow has four wheels.
Two large front wheels and two smaller rear wheels all of which have pneumatic tires. With its 10 cubic feet of capacity, it can carry heavier loads than the other two wheelbarrows on this list. Also, thanks to its four-wheel design it offers unrivaled stability
- The wheelbarrow has four wheels that guarantee unrivaled load stability.
- Thanks to the stability offered by the four wheels and its suspension system you can transport virtually all kinds of materials from solids, semi-liquids to liquid materials.
- Big 4-Wheeler offers this wheelbarrow with either pneumatic or airless tires, both of which are of high quality and can navigate on all kinds of surfaces.
- The handles of this wheelbarrow are ergonomically designed to reduce strain on your body especially on the shoulders, arms, legs, and back.
- This wheelbarrow is offered at an affordable price considering its many amazing features.
- The wheelbarrow’s tub is made of plastic and not steel; however, this is not deal breaker as the plastic used is of very high quality.
- The wheelbarrow’s tub is not designed to carry large sharp objects such as wood. Nonetheless, it can carry all other kinds of materials including liquid materials.
Things to Consider When Buying a Commercial Wheelbarrow
Do not make the mistake of thinking that price is the only thing to consider. While the price is important, there are other things to consider. Because let’s face it when it comes to commercial wheelbarrows looks can be deceiving.
So do not rely solely on cost or appearance when deciding whether to buy a wheelbarrow or not. Also, it is important to remember that there are many types of wheelbarrow out there that are designed for different applications.
In summary, knowing which the best wheelbarrows on the market are is important. This is why I have prepared a list of the most important things to consider when buying a wheelbarrow.
The tub is the part of a wheelbarrow where you load the materials you wish to transport. In this regard, tub capacity refers to the maximum amount of load a wheelbarrow can carry. While some wheelbarrows can carry loads of up to 400 pounds others can only manage loads of 200 pounds.
If you are looking to move large objects, I recommend a wheelbarrow with a big capacity. A wheelbarrow’s capacity is measured in cubic feet. Thus, a wheelbarrow with 10 cubic feet will carry heavier loads than one with a capacity of 7 cubic feet. Always buy a wheelbarrow whose tub capacity matches the kind of load you wish to carry.
What is the Tub Made of?
Generally speaking, there are three materials used in the making of wheelbarrow tubs, steel, poly, and plastic. Wheelbarrows with steel tubs are great for commercial use. This means they are used mainly for construction and other industrial purposes.
On the other hand, plastic and poly tubs are used for domestic purposes. It is important to choose a wheelbarrow that matches your needs. Thus, the other important factor to consider is the material used to make the tub. If you want a wheelbarrow for use in construction or for contracting,
I recommend going for one with a steel tub. However, if you want a wheelbarrow for domestic use such as gardening, a wheelbarrow with a poly or plastic tub will do. However, be sure to check the quality of plastic and poly used. Some wheelbarrow tubs are made using low quality plastics.
The Number of Wheels
This is another important thing to consider especially if load stability is important to you. Wheelbarrows have a varying number of wheels. Some have two; others have four while others have one. Wheelbarrows with four wheels offer added load stability. However, some wheelbarrows with one wheel have braces that give them added stability.
Therefore, this will depend largely on your taste and preferences. These types of wheelbarrows can maneuver narrow corners and areas. Two-wheeled wheelbarrows offer the maneuverability of one wheeled wheelbarrow and the stability of four-wheeled.
Most of the commercial wheelbarrows that you will come across will have pneumatic tires. This means you will have to inflate them on a regular basis. Pneumatic tires are durable and stable. However, they can be vulnerable to punctures. On the other hand, airless tires do not require refiling and rarely get punctured.
In conclusion, there are many commercial wheelbarrows out there, but not all qualify to be considered as the best. Thus, if it is the best wheelbarrow you are looking for, I recommend settling on the Rubbermaid Commercial Products plastic yard cart.
The latter is a two-wheeler, meaning it offers the maneuverability of a one-wheeled wheelbarrow and the stability of a four-wheeled barrow. Additionally, the two 20 inch tires are easily navigated through all kinds of surfaces.
You may also like to read
- Paw Battery Powered Wheelbarrow Review
- Best Plastic Wheelbarrow Review
- Best Wheelbarrow For The Money
- Top 05 Wheelbarrow Brands
- Wheelbarrow Handles and Hedges
- Best Wheelbarrow for Gardening
- Cheap Wheelbarrows for Sale
- Best Wheelbarrow Reviews